Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Growing Garlic

From the Garlic Planting Guide I was interested to read that there is enough variation in climate from altitude, distance from the sea, and mountains to cause changes in reliability in garlic plants. It was interesting that this article mention rotted compost as well as general garden fertilizer. I would have thought one of the two would be enough. I also thought it was interesting that you can tell approximately when to harvest the garlic by how the foliage.
Next time I'm in the garden I will look to see if any of the root vegetables in the garden are beginning to rot or if they look nice and healthy.
My biggest questions after reading this is which garlic will work best and which will we like the most in our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment